I have recently been exploring the ketogenic diet and the benefits that it has on my body. After being predominantly vegan for the past 4-6 months it came as a slight shock to see the large amounts of animal products used in majority of the ketogenic recipes. I began to explore plant based – high fat – low carb ingredients and soon after wasn’t short of a tasty list. I thought I would put some of the ingredients to the test to create a delicious vegan- keto breakfast smoothie of my own. After a few trial and error attempts, I now have a pretty pink, tasty smoothie that nourishes my body with healthy fats, is low in sugar and hasn’t harmed any sentient beings in the process. I hope you and your body enjoy this as much as I do!
- 1 scoop organic vegan vanilla protein powder (I use ‘Clean Lean Protein’)
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup canned full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Ice cubes to preferred texture
- Blend for 2-3 minutes on high in the blender.
- Pour into a glass a top with 1 tbsp of frozen berries and/or 1 tbsp of coconut flakes.
Happy smoothie drinking,